Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quotable Sunday 2/26/2012

Still Waiting

Here it is Sunday again and I am stuck.  What to write about again.  What would be interesting to read and know.  Right now, there are hundreds of jobs and chores to do (literally).  We should be pruning our fruit trees, cleaning up the veggie garden, pruning roses and lavender and on & on..... But it has rained, hailed and snowed in the last couple of days.  Add to that, the muscle of this operation has come down with a major cold, has no energy and sleeps a lot.  And if luck has it, my turn is only a day or two away.  Stinks being sick when there is SO much to do around here. 

 Finally the anemones are budding up in a larger way.


They look pretty good but had to go back undercover again because night temps will be in the twenties.  I just want it to be slightly warmer temps and for spring to slowly ease in to place.  I want us to be healthy and energized to get all the work done.

I just Want buckets of these little guys!  What I Need is patience!


" Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace. "
                        -May Sarton-


2 comments:

  1. I love your quote. Adore your anemone picts. I know it's so hard to have patiences when you get a taste of Spring and then it goes back to Winter. I keep myself content with doing a little outside and then looking at beautiful pictures of flowers on the web and another look through the seed catelogs. I do my research on rainy days and housework that way I'm all caught up when it is nice. Fast recovery and good health to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the very nice words! Been flower searching the web and pinterest to help a gal envision her wedding tables for a summer wedding. Definitely lifts the spirits focusing on summer blooms. Ever gone on the pinterest site? Just a little warning, it will suck you in and will be a huge time sink hole. But it is a great place for ideas and styles of floral arrangements, gardens and a million other things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...