Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Spinning Plates!

Quotable Sunday 07/07/2013

Spinning Plates

Oh, those spinning plates, how they spin and spin. Oh, how we run madly around just trying to keep those plates spinning.  It is tiring, confusing and is taking a toil on all the creativity that I need, to do this work well.  Something has to give. There are so many tasks that are not getting done,  ordering for next year, succession planting and general upkeep of home and garden. There are major projects that need to be completed, the building of a couple new hoop houses, soil improvements and cover cropping and fall planting.  And we are so very excited to being providing wedding flowers for a large group of happy couples. My mind is constantly racing trying to keep track of everything and everybody, where we need to be and what to they want us to provide.  I am feeling a tiny bit of fatigue set in every once in a while when I feel I just need to sit a moment and be able to think, design, create and dream.  

So I have decided I am going to set one plate down for just a few weeks, so that I can keep the other spinning.  This weekly blog entry is the plate I am setting down.  I know in my heart that this is a risk because I am a horrid procrastinator and making a commitment to do this every weekend helps me break that procrastination bug I have.   I also realize that I am breaking a commitment to you the reader, but I need to focus on my creativity side to do a really special job with these wedding flowers. So I hope all will understand and bear with us while we get our feet under us and get our tasks done. 


"When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another - and ourselves" --Jack Kornfield

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...